1. Prawns ½ kg cleaned and deveined
2. Ginger 1 inch piece, crushed
3. Garlic 4 pods, crushed
4. Shallots/Onions 12 nos, thinly sliced
5. Coconut pieces ¼ cup
6. Green chilly 1-2, slit
7. Fenugreek seeds powder a pinch
8. Fennel powder ½ tsp
9. Curry leaves a handful, the more the merrier
10. Kashmiri chili powder 2 tsp
11. Black pepper powder 1 tsp
12. Turmeric powder ½ tsp
13. Coriander powder 1 tsp
14. Garam masala powder 1 tsp, heaping
15. Mustard seeds ½ tsp
16. Salt to taste
17. Coconut oil(preferably) 2 TBSP
- Combine prawns with ingredients 11 to 16 and keep aside for 20 minutes for marination.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add the ginger, garlic, green chilly, shallots/onions, curry leaves and coconut slices and saute for 3 minutes.
- Now add the fennel and fenugreek powder and mix well.
- Next add the marinated prawns, mix well. Adjust salt if needed and cook covered over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and roast for another 12-15 minutes until everything is dry. Serve warm with rice.