1. Unripe mango 2 medium, cut to wedges
2. Shallots 10 nos, thinly sliced
3. Curry leaves a few
4. Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
5. Red chilly powder 1 tsp
6. Garam masala ¼ tsp
7. Thin coconut milk 2 cups
8. Thick coconut milk ¾ cup
9. Mustard seeds ½ tsp
10. Coconut oil 2 TBSP
11. Salt as needed
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Reduce flame and add the turmeric powder, red chilly powder and garam masala. Saute for a few minutes.
- Add the thin coconut milk to this and mix well. Allow this to come to a boil and add salt, cut mango pieces and shallots. Cook this until mangoes are tender.
- Add the thick coconut milk and mix and when steam starts to come remove from flame. Make sure the curry does not boil after the addition of thick coconut milk.
- Serve with rice.