1. Potato 1 big, peeled and cubed
Onion 1 medium, cut to chunks
Green beans 6 nos, cut to batons
Yellow bell pepper ½ of one, cubed
Green peas ¼ cup, cooked
2. Green chilly 2 nos, slit
3. Grated coconut ½ cup
4. Cardamom 1 no
Cinnamon stick 1 inch stick
Fennel powder 2 pinches
Garam masala ¼ tsp
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
5. Salt as needed
6. Water 2 cups
7. Oil 1 TBSP
- Wash and cut all the vegetables. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add cardamom, cinnamon stick, saute for a minute and follow up with fennel powder, turmeric powder and garam masala. Saute this for 30s.
- Now add the vegetables and saute for 2 minutes. Add water, enough salt and cook covered for 15-20 minutes until the veggies are soft.
- Meanwhile, grind together grated coconut and green chilly to a smooth paste adding little water.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, add this ground paste to the same and cook until boiling. By now the gravy would have thickened, if not continue cooking until a thick consistency is attained.
- Enjoy with rotis…