1. Chicken ¾ kg, cut to medium pieces (I used boned)
2. Red onions 2 medium, roughly chopped
3. Ginger garlic crushed 1 TBSP
4. Bell pepper 1 medium, cubed
5. Tomato 2 medium, chopped
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Coriander powder ½ tsp
Kashmiri chilly powder ½ tsp
Garam masala ½ tsp
6. Cashew nuts 10 nos, soaked and ground to smooth paste
7. Kasoori methi a few pinches
8. Yogurt 3 TBSP
9. Coriander leaves a few sprigs, chopped
10. Salt as needed
11. Oil 2 TBSP
For the Kadai Masala
1. Whole coriander seeds 5 tsp
2. Kashmiri dry red chilly 5 nos
3. Fennel seeds ½ tsp
4. Black pepper corns ¼ tsp
5. Cumin seeds ¼ tsp
Dry roast everything and powder fine using a blender.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and saute the cleaned chicken pieces for 5 minutes. Transfer this to a plate.
- Now add the crushed ginger garlic to the oil and saute till aromatic.
- Follow up with onions along with salt and saute for about 8 minutes.
- Add ingredients numbered 5 to the pan and mix well. Cook this for 5 minutes and add the chicken. Incorporate well and add the prepared Kadai masala.
- Next add chopped coriander leaves and ½ cup water.
- Throw in the bell peppers and cook covered for 15 minutes at medium heat. Open lid and add the yogurt, cashewnut paste. Mix well and cook for 6 minutes.
- Add the kasoori methi and remove from fire.