1. Boneless chicken thighs ½ kg, cut to 1 inch strips
2. Corn flour 1 TBSP
Red chilly powder 1 tsp
Black pepper powder ¼ tsp
Ginger ½ inch, julienned
Garlic 3 pods, thinly sliced
Tomato sauce 1 TBSP
Soy sauce 3 tsp
3. Rice wine vinegar/ white vinegar 1 tsp
4. Onion 2 medium, diced
Green bell pepper 1 medium, diced
Green chilly 2 small, slit
5. Salt as needed
6. Oil 1 TBSP
7. Water 1-2 TBSP, to sprinkle while cooking
- Clean and cut the chicken thighs to 1 inch strips.
- In a bowl with lid, add the chicken and ingredients numbered 2 and little salt. Combine well to coat the chicken pieces and marinate for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil and sauté ingredients numbered 4 at medium high heat for 10 minutes.
- Increase heat to high and add the marinated chicken and sauté for 5 more minutes.
- Reduce flame to low and cook for 30 minutes mixing occasionally. Sprinkle water if necessary.
- At the end of 30 minutes, it will look like thick semi gravy consistency. Switch off flame and serve with fried rice or plain rice.