- Medium size mushrooms 20 nos
- Shredded fish (can use any kind of fleshy fish) ¾ cup cooked
- Green bell pepper ½ cup , finely chopped
- White bulb part of green onions ¼ cup, finely chopped reserve green part for garnish)
- Cream cheese, softened to room temperature ½ cup
- Bread crumbs ½ cup
- Thyme chopped 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder 1/4 tsp
- OIl 1 TBSP
- Salt, Green onions to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Wash and wipe the mushrooms well with a damp cloth. Cut the stem off and chop finely. Arrange the mushroom caps onto a baking tray lined with aluminum foil.
- In a pan, heat oil and sauté the finely chopped green bell pepper, mushroom stems, white part of green onions and thyme for 5 minutes.
- Add the pepper powder and garam masala and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the fish followed by bread crumbs. Mix well to combine. Adjust salt if necessary.
- Switch off flame and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, add the softened cream cheese to this and combine well.
- Stuff the mushroom caps with this mixture and top off with some bread crumbs. Gently spray with cooking oil and bake in pre heated oven for 15-20 minutes until the top part is browned.
- Remove from oven and garnish with chopped green onions. Serve warm.
Notes: Cook the fish with salt and little turmeric powder.
You can stuff the caps ahead of time and refrigerate. Stay good for 24 hours.