1. Dried chick peas 1 cup, soaked in water for at least 12 hours
2. Bread crumbs ½ cup
3. Garlic 3 cloves
4. Coriander leaves 1 TBSP chopped
5. Onion 1 small, finely chopped
6. Sesame seeds 1 heaped tsp
7. Cumin powder (roasted) ½ tsp
8. Red chilly powder ½ tsp
9. Black pepper powder ¼ tsp
11. Oil for deep frying
- Drain water from chickpeas and wash well. Transfer to a blender along with 3 garlic cloves, ½ teaspoon cumin powder, ½ teaspoon red chilly powder, ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder and salt.
- Grind to a coarse- moist mixture and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients except oil and mix well. Adjust salt if needed. Keep aside for at least 1 hour.
- Heat the oil for frying in a pan. Wet your hands and shape the mixture into lime sized balls. Flatten little bit between your palms and deep fry until evenly browned. Drain excess oil into a paper towel. Serve hot with tzatziki sauce.
1. 1 cup strained curd
2. 1 small cucumber grate and squeeze out all juices
3. 2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
4. 1 tablespoon olive oil
5. Salt, Pepper to season
- Using a muslin cloth, drain all the water from yogurt by hanging it for 1-2 hours.
- Transfer this to a bowl and add the cucumber, olive oil, coriander leaves, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and serve with falafels.