1. Soya chunks/Nutrela 1 cup
2. Cooked basmati rice/any left over white rice 2 ½ cups, preferably refrigerated
3. Onion ½ cup, finely chopped
Green bell pepper ½ cup, finely chopped
Carrot 1, finely chopped
4. Black pepper powder 1 tsp, divided
5. Soy sauce 4 TBSP + 1 TBSP
6. Red chilly sauce (optional) 1 tsp
7. Salt as required
8. Oil/Butter 2 TBSP, divided
- Wash the soya chunks 3 times under running water. Soak them in water for 20 minutes. Drain the water and then boil the soya chunks for 10 minutes on stove top. Drain the water again and allow to cool down. Squeeze out extra water, and add 1 TBSP soy sauce and ½ tsp pepper powder. Mix and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large wok or pan with 1 TBSP oil/butter at medium heat and roast the soya chunks for 5 minutes and transfer to a bowl.
- In the same wok or pan add rest of the oil/butter at medium heat and sauté ingredients numbered 3 for 5 minutes. Add salt and reduce flame to low.
- Next add the rest of pepper powder, soy sauce and red chilly sauce. Mix well and add the rice.
- Turn back heat to high and mix well until the rice get heated through. Add the soya chunks and mix well. Serve the soya chunk fried rice with chilly chicken or any of curry of your choice.