1. Chicken (preferably boned) 1 lb or 1/2 kg, cut to medium pieces
2. Spinach/Palak 1 cup, chopped
Ginger garlic paste 1 TBSP
Green chilly 3 small, chopped
Fennel seeds ½ tsp
Grated coconut ½ cup
Cilantro/coriander leaves ¼ cup, chopped
3. Black pepper powder ½ tsp
4. Salt as needed
5. Olive oil 1 TBSP + ½ tsp
- Wash and clean the chicken well and cut to medium size pieces. Add salt and black pepper powder, mix well and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick pan at medium heat. Add ½ tsp olive oil and sauté the spinach/palak until leaves are completely wilt. Next add rest of the ingredients numbered 2 and saute for 2 minutes. Switch off flame and once cooled grind into a smooth paste.
- Now heat 1 TBSP olive oil in a deep bottomed pan and add the chicken pieces in a single layer. Cook covered until the meat turns to white color, mixing occasionally around 5 minutes.
- Add the ground paste and mix well. Add ½ cup water and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Open lid and cook the chicken until dry (took me around 15 minutes at medium flame.). Adjust salt if needed.
- Enjoy this delicious Spinach/Palak chicken with any kind of rice or rotis…
Notes: If you prefer a gravy based curry, add 1 cup water instead of 1/2 cup in step 4 and cook till a thick gravy consistency.