1. Half and half 2 cups
Cinnamon stick 1 no
2. Semi-sweet chocolate bar 4 oz
3. Egg yolks 5, lightly beaten
4. Sugar 1/3 cup
5. Vanilla essence 1 tsp
6. Kashmiri chilly powder ¾ tsp
7. Salt a pinch
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Also put 2-3 cups of water for boiling.
- In a sauce pan, heat half and half along with cinnamon stick until bubbling. Switch off flame and add the semi-sweet chocolate bar and keep for 10 minutes. Remove the cinnamon stick and whisk everything until smooth. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- In another bowl, add egg yolks, sugar, vanilla essence and chilly powder. Whisk this until everything combines well. Slowly add the chocolate mixture and blend until mixed.
- Pour this mixture into 6 ramekins or custard cups until 3/4th full. Place this onto a 9*13 baking dish and pour the boiling water about 1-2 cms up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for an hour and allow to cool for 15 minutes on counter top. Refrigerate for at least 12 hours and serve.