A great addition to your fish recipe collection. Easy to prepare with everyday ingredients and is a great party sidedish. Hope you all will enjoy making this delicious Chilly fish!
1. Fish ½ kg, cleaned and cut to medium size pieces (I used Tilapia)
2. Corn flour 2 TBSP
Red chilly powder ¾ tsp
Black pepper powder ¼ tsp
Tomato sauce 2 tsp +1 TBSP
Soy sauce 1 tsp+1tsp
3. Onion 1 medium, cubed
4. Green bell pepper 1 medium, cubed
5. Ginger, garlic 1 TBSP each, finely chopped
6. Green chilly 2 small, slit
7. Vinegar 1 tsp
8. Sugar ½ tsp
9. Salt as needed
10. Oil 1 TBSP + for deep frying
11. Water 1 cup
Green onions chopped to garnish
- In a bowl, add ingredients numbered 2 and mix well to make a paste. Sprinkle water if needed. Add fish pieces and mix well to combine. Make sure all the pieces are coated well with the batter. Set aside for 15 minutes and deep fry in oil till deep golden color. Drain excess oil on a paper towel and set aside.
- Now in a deep bottomed pan/wok add 1 TBSP oil and sauté ginger, garlic and green chilly for 2 minutes.
- Add onions and green bell pepper and sauté at medium heat until the onions are translucent.
- Next add the vinegar, sugar, 1 TBSP tomato sauce, 1 tsp soy sauce and cook for another 4 minutes. Add 1 cup water and allow to boil. Adjust salt if necessary.
- Once boiling, add the fried fish pieces and cook at low flame for 10 more minutes.
- Serve this delicious chilly fish gravy with any kind of rice preparations or rotis…