1. Eggplant 1 medium, cut into ¾ inch piece
2. Tofu 12 oz block, cut to cubes
3. Onions 1 medium, sliced
4. Ginger, garlic 1 TBSP each
Green chilly 1, slit
5. Tomato puree 1 TBSP
6. Any kind of Asian curry powder 1 ½ tsp (I used chicken masala)
7. Spinach 1 cup
8. Salt as needed
9. Black pepper powder to taste
10. Coconut milk ½ cup
11. Oil 3 TBSP
- Heat oil and sauté the onions till translucent.
- Next add the eggplant and cook for few minutes.
- Meanwhile, puree ginger, garlic and green chilly adding little water. Add this to the pan and sauté till raw smell goes off.
- Now add the curry powder and cook for a minute and add the tomato puree. Combine well and cook at medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add ½ cup water and bring to a boil. Once boiling add tofu, spinach, salt and pepper powder.
- Cook for 10 more minutes and switch off flame.
- Serve this thai tofu and eggplant curry with rice or rotis.