1. Chicken legs or any medium size pieces of your choice 8 nos
2. Salt as needed
Kashmiri red chilly powder 2 heaping tsp
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Garam masala ¾ tsp
Roasted cumin powder a pinch
Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
3. Curry leaves 3 sprigs
4. Water 2 cups
- Wash and clean the chicken pieces well and make 2-3 dashes using a sharp knife.
- In a mixing bowl, add ingredients numbered 2, curry leaves and chicken. Mix well to combine and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Now transfer the marinated chicken onto a non stick pan and add 2 cups water. Cook this on a medium flame uncovered until 95% liquid dries up (took me about 25 minutes).
- Now reduce flame to simmer and allow to cook for another 5 minutes till chicken earns a reddish brown color.
- Remove from flame and serve…