1. Red pearl onions 20 nos, quartered
2. Ginger 1 tsp, julienned
3. Green chilly 2 small, thinly sliced to rounds
4. Freshly squeezed lime juice from 1 small lime
5. Mustard seeds ½ tsp
6. Olive oil 1 tsp
7. Salt as needed
- Peel the skin off the pearl onions, wash and cut them to quarters.
- In a nonstick pan, heat oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add the ginger and green chilly and sauté until raw smell goes off.
- Add the pearl onions and sauté for 5 minutes. Adjust salt.
- Next add the lime juice and combine well.
- Remove from flame and enjoy as a side for rice or as a filling in burgers and sandwiches.
- Stays good for 2 days in refrigerator.