It is the start of holiday season in the US and the festival of lights is just around the corner. Lets welcome both with one of the easiest and tastiest sweets!!!
1. Rava/Semolina/Sooji 1 cup
2. Sweetened coconut ¾ cup, pulsed for 2 times
3. Sugar ¼ cup
4. Ghee/clarified butter 2 TBSP
5. Cardamom powder a pinch
6. Raisins and cashew nuts 10 each
7. Milk ¼ cup
- Heat a nonstick pan and add heat the ghee/clarified butter.
- Add the cashew nuts and raisins and roast for a minute.
- Now add rava/semolina and roast on a simmer flame until the color starts to change to light brown.
- Next add the coconut, mix well and add sugar.
- Combine everything well and cook for another 3-4 minutes and slowly add milk stirring simultaneously.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder and remove from flame.
- Allow to cool little bit and when it is bearable warmth make small balls/laddus out of the mixture. If the mixture is not holding sprinkle milk and make the balls. Allow to rest for atleast 3 hours and enjoy!!!
Adapted from www.vahrevah.com