One of the simplest paayasams to prepare with everyday ingredients in your pantry. This year’s onam was celebrated in our house with this easy and delicious semiya paayasam. We didn’t have much time for an elaborate preparation as we were busy packing for our relocation to Indianapolis. We moved and is settling down at the new place and is liking every bit of it and hence the silence for a week. I am back in kitchen with full fledged cooking and has listed an array of awesome recipes to blog . Happy cooking and hope you all will enjoy making this yummy semiya paayasam…
2% milk 4 cups
Roasted semiya/Vermicelli ½ cup
Cardamom powder 4 pinches
Sugar 1 cup
Cashew nuts 15 nos, broken
Golden raisins 2 tsp
Ghee 2 TBSP
- Boil milk in a sauce pan until bubbling.
- Add the roasted semiya/Vermicelli ( stir continuously to avoid semiya from sticking to each other) and cook for 20-30 minutes at medium flame until soft.
- Add the sugar, cardamom powder and mix well.
- Turn off flame and set aside.
- In another small pan, melt ghee and roast raisins and cashew nuts and pour over the payasam. Enjoy!