1. Onion 1 medium, sliced
2. Grated coconut ½ cup
Shallots 2 nos
3. Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Red chilly powder ½ tsp
Fenugreek powder 3 pinches
4. Tomato 1 big, cut to wedges
5. Ginger a small piece
6. Green chilly 2 nos, slit
7. Salt as needed
8. Coconut oil 1 tsp
9. Curry leaves a few
- Grind grated coconut and shallots to a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Now in a clay pot or any deep cooking vessel add oil and saute onions for 3 minutes.
- Add salt, ginger, green chilly, turmeric powder, red chilly powder and fenugreek powder.
- Saute for few minutes and add the ground paste along with 1½ cup water and bring to boil.
- Once boiling add the tomato, curry leaves and cook for 10 minutes.
- Switch off flame and keep covered until ready to serve with rice or rotis.