1. Potato 1 medium, peeled and cut to cubes
Cauliflower 1 cup/ ½ of a medium, cut to florets
Green peas ½ cup, cooked (I used the frozen)
2. Ginger 1 inch piece
Garlic 2 cloves
Fennel seeds ¼ tsp
3. Red chilly powder ½ tsp
Turmeric powder 2 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Cumin powder ½ tsp
Garam masala ½ tsp
4. Salt as required
5. Oil 1 TBSP
- Crush together ingredients numbered 2 and set aside.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan and saute onions until light golden brown.
- Add the crushed paste and cook till aromatic.
- Add ingredients numbered 3 with little water and mix well. Saute this for another 3 minutes and adjust salt.
- Now add all the vegetables and ½ cup water. Cook covered until vegetables are soft to touch about 10-15 minutes.
- Open lid and cook for another 2 minutes and switch off flame.
- Enjoy with rotis.
Notes: If you prefer a dry version, cook uncovered until all liquid evaporates.