Egg curries are always a favorite at home and I tend to experiment with it a lot every time I prepare it. This is an easy preparation which uses regular ingredients but still gives a delicious end result. The crushed shallots and ginger garlic add a special flavor. Hope you all will enjoy this too…
1. Egg 4 nos, boiled and halved
2. Red onions 2 medium, thinly sliced
3. Shallots 2 nos
Green chilly 1 no
Ginger 1 inch piece
Garlic 2 pods
4. Garam masala 1 tsp
Red chilly powder ½ tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Pepper powder 1 tsp
5. Tomato 1 medium, sliced
6. Water 1 cup
7. Oil 1 TBSP
8. Salt as needed
- Crush together ingredients numbered 3 using a mortar and pestle. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and sauté the crushed paste till an aroma develops.
- Add the onions and sauté till translucent.
- Add the powders and sauté for 5 minutes at medium flame.
- Next add the sliced tomato and cook till mushy. Adjust salt.
- Add water and cook till gravy reduces to half. Add egg and switch off flame. Enjoy with Appam, rotis, idiyappam, puttu etc..