Hey all, Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We didn’t prepare any Turkey but made this yummy chicken curry and enjoyed with some Naans. This is one easy curry which will make you say “wow” when you dig into it. On another note, I am leaving for India for a 2 month vacation and hence there will be fewer posts here. I will make sure that I have some yummy dishes from my mom, MIL and aunts kitchens for you all to enjoy during my stay there .
1. Chicken 1 kg, cut to medium pieces (preferably boned)
2. Onion 2 small, thinly slice
Green chilly 4 small, slit
Ginger 1 inch piece, chopped
Curry leaves 1 stalk
3. Coriander powder 1 TBSP
Red chilly powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
4. Tomato 1 small, chopped
5. Oil 1 TBSP +1 TBSP
6. Salt as needed
- Heat 1 TBSP oil in a non stick pan and saute 1 small onion sliced until browned. Remove this from pan and grind to a smooth paste.
- Add rest of the oil in the same pan and saute ingredients numbered 2 until onions are translucent.
- Now add ingredients numbered 3 and saute until aromatic or raw smell are gone from powders.
- Next add chopped tomato, ground onion paste, salt and chicken, mix well and cook covered at medium heat for about 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Switch off flame and let it stand for 5 minutes. Enjoy with roti, naan or rice…