- Kabuli chana/vella kadala 2 cups, soaked atleast for 8 hour
- Red Onion 1 medium, thinly sliced
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
- Water 2 cups
- Yogurt ½ cup
- Butter/Oil 1 TBSP
- Toor dal ¼ cup, cooked
- Cumin powder ½ tsp
- Garam masala 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
- Red chilly powder 1 tsp
- 8. Salt as needed
- Wash and soak the kabuli chana/vella kadala in water for atleast 8 hours/overnight.
- Boil the chana in a pressure until 2 whistles and allow pressure to release by itself, drain and set aside.
- Heat butter/oil in a pan and saute onions along with ginger garlic paste until a nice aroma.
- Add the cooked chana and give a good mix.
- Add all the powders and enough salt. Mix well to combine.
- Now add the cooked toor dal and cook for 5 minutes at medium flame.
- Add yogurt, mix well with the chana masala and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Now add water and cook till boiling. Once it start to boil, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from flame and keep covered until ready to serve..