1. Cooked white rice 2 ½ cups
2. Thick coconut milk 1 ¾ cup
3. Grated coconut ½ cup + 2 TBSP
4. Sugar 1 tsp
5. Lime zest 1 tsp
6. Salt as required
7. Cilantro to garnish
- Roast 2 TBSP grated coconut until golden brown in color and set aside.
- Now in a wide mouth pan, warm the coconut milk along with sugar, salt and lime zest.
- Add the cooked rice, mix well and add the grated coconut.
- Cook this until dry at low heat and transfer to a serving plate.
- Garnish with roasted coconut and cilantro.
- Serve with any kind of spicy curries of your choice.
- Try this yummy coconut rice with chicken kuruma, chicken in roasted coconut gravy from this blog!