Hello friends, Hope the holiday season is treating you all well. We have reached India and is having loads of fun here. As promised, I have managed to photograph a few of my mom’s and MIL’s recipes but yet to transfer the pictures to the PC. Meanwhile I leave you with this wonderful egg potato kuruma that uses very common ingredients but tastes totally different from usual egg curries. This could be a new side dish for rotis or chappathis for your dinner from now on, hope you all will enjoy!!!!
1. Boiled egg 4 nos, shelled
2. Red onions 1 big, finely chopped
3. Ginger garlic paste 1 TBSP
4. Green chilly 2 small, slit
5. Potato 1 medium, cut to cubes
6. Red chilly powder ¾ tsp
Coriander powder 1 TBSP
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Black pepper powder ¼ tsp
Garam masala ½ tsp
7. Cinnamon 1 stick
Cloves 2 nos
8. Thick coconut milk ½ cup
Water ½ cup
9. Salt as needed
10. Oil 1 TBSP
- Make slit on all sides of boiled egg and set aside.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan and add the cinnamon and cloves. Let it cook for 1 minute.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and green chilly and cook till aromatic for 3-4 minutes at medium flame.
- Next add the chopped onions and salt and sauté until golden brown in color, for about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile in another small pan add ingredients numbered 6 and roast in slow flame for 2 minutes.
- Add this to the onion masala and mix well to combine, next add the potatoes and water. Cook till potatoes are soft.
- Lastly add the thick coconut milk, mix well and add the boiled egg. Mix well and once the curry starts to boil remove from flame and serve with rotis, appam, idiyappam etc..