1. Fish (I used anchovies here) ½ kg, cleaned and washed well
2. Coriander powder ½ tsp
3. Red chilly powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Grated coconut ¾ cup
Shallots 5 nos
4. Green chilly 2 nos
5. Gamboge/Raw mango 2 medium pieces
6. Salt as required
7. Water ¾ cup
8. Curry leaves a few
9. Coconut oil 1 TBSP, divided
- Crush together ingredients numbered 4 and set aside.
- Now in a claypot/a pan, add water, gamboge/mango, salt and the crushed shallots mixture along with coriander powder, ½ TBSP oil and green chilly. Allow this to boil.
- Once boiling add the cleaned fish and cook till completely dry.
- Lastly add the rest of coconut oil and curry leaves. Mix well and remove from flame, Keep covered until ready to serve.