1. Kumquats 1 kg, thinly sliced into rounds
2. Ginger 2 TBSP, finely chopped
Garlic 2 TBSP, finely chopped
Green chilly 8 small, finely chopped
Curry leaves 3 sprigs, chopped
3. Kashmiri chilly powder 5 teaspoon
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Jaggery/brown sugar 3 TBSP
4. Asafetida ½ tsp
Fenugreek seeds ¼ tsp
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
5. Vinegar 2 TBSP
6. Oil 4 TBSP
7. Salt as required
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan and splutter mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds. Add the asafetida and mix.
- Now add ingredients numbered 2 and sauté till aromatic.
- Reduce flame and add ingredients numbered 3, salt and stir well.
- Next add the sliced kumquats and mix well. Increase flame to medium and cook this for about 15 minutes.
- Lastly add the vinegar and mix well. Remove from flame and allow to cool.
- Once cooled store in an air tight container and enjoy!!!