Happy New Year to all my friends and well wishers!!!
Better late than never, right!!!I had a great start to new year with my family. To welcome this fresh year, I am sharing a great dessert for you to try yours hands at. This is very easy to put together and is definitely a crowd pleaser..Hope you all will enjoy this paaysam too….
1. Pineapple 1 cup, cut to small pieces
2. 2% milk 1 cup
Condensed milk ¾ cup
Water ½ cup
3. Coconut milk ½ cup
4. Pineapple essence ¼ tsp
5. Sabudana/chowari ½ cup, roast this in a low flame for 10 minutes
Water 3 cups
6. Cashew nuts 1 TBSP
Raisins (golden) 1 TBSP
Ghee 1 TBSP
- Boil 3 cups of water in a wide sauce pan and add the slightly roasted sabudana/chowari. Cook this for around 30 minutes or until the sabudana turns completely transparent. Switch off flame and immediately wash this under cold running water and allow to drain excess water in a colander.
- Next in a deep heavy bottomed pan, combine ingredients numbered 2 and cook for about 15 minutes at medium high heat, stirring in between.
- Add the cooked sabudana and pineapple pieces and mix well.
- Next add the coconut milk and cook for another 10 minutes at slow flame.
- Add the pineapple essence and stir well. Cook this for 15 more minutes or until thickens.
- Remove from flame.
- Lastly, heat ghee in another small pan and fry cashew nuts and raisins, pour this over the pineapple paayasam and enjoy!!!