I have a lot of memories associated with chicken salad sandwich. When I was in school for my post graduation, we had this bakery called “Little Bakery” close to my department where we get this awesome croissant chicken salad sandwiches. Most of my brunch those days were these sandwiches from there .They used to have fresh grapes where as I have used raisins here in this recipe. This is a great one for picnic boxes too….
1. Chicken breast 2 nos, cut to small cubes
2. Onions 1 small, finely chopped
Celery/green bell pepper ¼ cup, finely chopped
Raisins 1 TBSP
3. Black pepper powder 1/8 tsp
4. Mayonnaise 1/3 cup (I used light mayo)
5. Salt as required
6. Whole wheat bread slices/any kind of bread 8 slices
- Cook the cubed chicken breast with required salt and pepper.
- In a bowl combine the chicken, onions, celery/bell pepper, raisins, salt and pepper powder. Mix well to combine.
- Add mayonnaise and mix well, add more mayo if desired. the mixture should be moist.
- Now take 2 slices of bread and spread the chicken mixture onto one slice and top with the other one and brush outside with little butter/oil (optional) and grill until done.
- This makes 4 sandwiches. This is a great one for picnics.
Tips: You can also saute the onions, celery/green bell pepper and raising in little oil and the use too.
Instead of bread slices, use croissants which tastes awesome too.
You can enjoy the sandwich without grilling too.