This is another great recipe from my mom’s cooking repository. As I have said in my previous recipe post she is great when it comes to cook seafood. This was such an amazing thoran that I kept on eating it as a snack than as a side dish. I know the picture is a little out of focus, blame me for that, I was in a hurry to photograph but will definitely update it as soon as I prepare it again, please bear with this photograph until then. So hope you all will enjoy making this kakka erachi thoran!!!!
1. Kakka erachi/clams ½ kg, cleaned
2. Shallots 20 nos, sliced
Ginger 1 inch piece, chopped
Garlic 3 cloves
Curry leaves a handful
3. Grated coconut ¾ cup
Cumin seeds 2 pinches
4. Red chilly powder 1 TBSP
Coriander powder 1 TBSP
Garam masala 1 tsp
5. Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Black pepper powder 1 tsp
Salt as required
6. Oil 1 ½ TBSP
- Crush together grated coconut and cumin seeds using a blender and set aside.
- Cook the cleaned kakka erachi/clams with ingredients numbered 5 and enough water. Once cooked well, remove from flame and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan/cheena chatti. Saute ingredients numbered 2 well until it turns light golden color.
- Now add ingredients numbered 4 and mix well to coat the shallots. Also add the crushed coconut cumin mixture and combine well.
- Lastly add the kakka erachi/clams and cook on a medium flame for 15-20 minutes or until the kakka erachi/clams have blend well with the masala (വലിയിക്കുക).
- Remove from flame and enjoy with rice.