Hello friends, Hope you all are keeping fit and fine. I am back in my nest after a looong vacation in Kerala. Its freaking cold here in Indiana and temperatures doesn’t seem to get into 2 digits at all. I have collected a lot of variety and yummy recipes from my family and friends in India and will be posting one by one for you all to enjoy. So lets start with this yummy Special mutton stew, where fresh herbs are added for a different taste. I loved this with appam and chappthi. Hope you all will like it too …..
1. Mutton ½ kg, cut to small pieces
2. Shallots 5 nos, thinly sliced, set aside 1 TBSP from this for final garnishing
Onion 1 small, thinly sliced
3. Ginger 1 inch piece
Garlic 1 pod
Curry leaves 1 sprig
4. Cilantro 1 TBSP, finely chopped
Mint leaves 1 TBSP, finely chopped
5. Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Garam masala ½ tsp
6. Black pepper powder ¼ tsp
7. Coconut milk ½ cup
8. Salt as required
9. Water ¼ cup
10. Coconut oil 1 TBSP
- Cook the cleaned, cut mutton in a pressure cooker along with enough salt and ½ tsp turmeric powder for 3 whistles. Allow pressure to release by itself, open lid and cook till dry if water has oozed out from the meat. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and saute ingredients number 2 along with salt till it attains a golden brown color.
- Add the ginger, garlic and curry leaves and cook till aromatic for 3 minutes.
- Now add the cilantro and mint leaves and mix well to combine and follow up with ingredients numbered 5. Saute the masala for 5 more minutes in medium flame.
- Next add the cooked mutton, mix and add ½ cup water. Adjust salt if needed and cook covered for 5 minutes or till boiling.
- Add the coconut milk to this, reduce flame and cook till curry starts to boil. Sprinkle black pepper powder and remove from flame.
- Lastly saute shallots and pour over the curry. Enjoy with appam, idiyappam, pathiri…