My mom is a queen while it comes to prepare fish curries. This is her master piece recipe and I remmeber very well, whenever amma prepares unakka chemmen ularthu, everybody at home including my dad will be wandering in the kitchen and it will all be finished in no time that, there wont be anything left when its actual meal time. This is such an easy and tasty preparation that anybody can prepare it. Try and let me know friends!!!
1. Unakka chemeen/Dry prawns 50 grams packet
2. Shallots 8 nos, thinly sliced
Dry red chilly 5 nos, cut to 3 pieces
Curry leaves a few
Salt as required
3. Coconut oil 2 tsp
4. Water 2 TBSP
- Sprinkle 2 TBSP water onto the unakka chemeen/dry prawns and set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and saute sliced shallots, dry red chilly and curry leaves with salt until translucent.
- Add the wet prawns and saute well for 15 minutes at medium flame.
- Switch from flame and serve with rice and moru curry (tempered yogurt).