Avocado parathas- believe me friends, these are delicious, filling and healthy. I love love love avocados and so does my 2 year old Aavani. We always have a supply of avocados in our fruit basket. I had seen these parathas in a couple of blogs before and wanted to give a try myself. I added grated onions to bring a little more flavor and it worked fine. Do give it a try and enjoy this healthy goodness yourselves!!!
1. Ripe avocado 1 large
2. Onion 1 small, grated
3. Garlic 2 pods, grated
4. Green chilly 2 nos, finely chopped
5. Cilantro/coriander leaves 2 TBSP, finely chopped
6. Lemon/lime juice 2 tsp
7. Garam masala 1 tsp
8. Salt as required
9. Oil 1 TBSP
10. Whole wheat flour 1 cup +a few TBSPs extra and more for dusting
- Peel the avocado and remove the pit. Scoop out the flesh and place into a deep bowl.
- Now add all the ingredients except wheat flour and smash well using a potato masher or a fork.
- Once mixed well, add the wheat flour little by little and make a smooth dough as you do for chappathis. It took me about 1 cup plus 4 TBSPs flour to get the perfect dough. Knead well and keep it covered for 30 minutes.
- Heat a tawa on medium high heat.
- Now make lemon sized balls out of the dough. Flatten between your palm and dust dry flour. Roll out into medium thick rounds.
- Place the rolled out parathas on the hot tawa and cook for 20 seconds or until brown spots appear on the bottom. Flip and cook for another 20-30 seconds. Remove to a serving platter and enjoy with yogurt!