Hello friends, my lappy is still at the emergencey :(, so there was not much mood to cook or photograph last weekend. But today i wanna share a super recipe with you and that too of a pickle. I have loved my mom’s chicken pickle a lot but wanted to avoid that deep frying somehow and here you go, instead of deep frying the chicken, i boiled them first and then BROILED. you should try this recipe to know how yummy it tastes, my dear friends. I have made several batches of this already and also tried the same technique with fish (Salmon and tilapia), both worked fine and shall share those recipes soon here for you all to try. Hope you will enjoy as always!!!
1. Boneless chicken (I used breasts) ½ kg, cleaned and cut to small cubes
2. Ginger ½ inch piece, finely chopped
3. Garlic 3 pods, finely chopped
4. Salt as needed
5. Black pepper powder ½ tsp
6. Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
7. Garam masala 2 pinches
- In a wide mouth non stick pan, add all the ingredients and mix well to combine. Now close with a lid and cook at medium flame for about 15 minutes. Open lid and cook until the liquid completely evaporates. Switch off and allow to cool.
- Transfer this to a baking tray lined with aluminum foil, Spray cooking oil and BROIL on high for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
1. Shallots/red onions 1 cup, thinly sliced
2. Ginger 2 inch piece, julienned
Garlic 4 pods, julienned
Curry leaves 1 sprig, roughly chopped
3. Red chilly powder 1 TBSP
Coriander powder 1 TBSP
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Garam masala ½ tsp
4. Salt as needed
5. Vinegar 4 TBSP
6. Oil 2 TBSP
7. Sugar a few pinches
- Make a paste of ingredients numbered 3 with 1-2 TBSPs water, mix and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute ginger, garlic, curry leaves till aromatic.
- Add the shallots/onions and saute till golden brown color.
- Reduce flame and add the masala paste and cook for 3 minutes.
- Now add salt and the broiled chicken pieces. Mix well.
- Lastly add vinegar,mix and cook for 2 more minutes. Switch off flame and add a few pinches of sugar. Allow to cool and store in an air tight container.
- Let it sit for 4 days before you dig in.
I stored mine at room temperature for more than 2 weeks.
Make sure you always use a dry spoon and always mix well before you serve.