1. Margarine ½ cup, softened
Sugar 1 cup
Cream cheese ½ cup, softened
Egg 2 nos
2. All purpose flour 2 cups
Baking powder 2 tsp
Baking soda ½ tsp
Salt ½ tsp
3. Sour cream 1 cup
4. Vanilla essence 1 tsp
5. Fresh strawberry 10 nos, chopped finely
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 9*5 loaf pan using butter and then dust with flour. Set this aside.
- In a mixing bowl add all ingredients numbered 1 except eggs and mix well using an egg beater till fluffy.
- Now add the eggs one by one and mix well to combine.
- In another bowl, sieve together ingredients numbered 2 and add this to the cream mixture in batches and combine well.
- Next add the sour cream and chopped strawberries to this and gently fold in.
- Transfer this to the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Allow to rest for atleast 20 minutes on counter top before taking the bread from the loaf pan.
- Slice and enjoy!!!!
- Serves best as a breakfast bread or as an evening snack.