1. Roasted rice flour 1 cup
Rava/sooji ½ cup
Maida ½ cup
Salt as needed
2. Shallots 3 nos, finely chopped
Green chilly 2 small, finely chopped
Ginger ½ inch piece, finely chopped
Black pepper corns ¼ tsp, crushed
Curry leaves a few, chopped
3. Water ~2 ½ cups
- Mix together ingredients numbered 1 in a bowl and add water. Make a batter with this without any lumps. The batter should be watery and flowing. Add more water if required.
- Add the ingredients numbered 2 and mix well. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Now heat a tawa at medium high heat.
- When its hot, spread a ladlefull of batter on the tawa starting from the ends to the center as this cannot be spread like ordinary dosa. Drizzle oil and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Flip and cook for 2 more minutes on the other side.
- Transfer to a plate and serve with sambar or chutney.
Notes: Make sure the batter is watery, if batter gets thick adjust with more water.
Instead of tawa you can make the dosas on an electric griddle too. Set at 350 F and make dosas (I used one here).