1. Jalebi 6 nos, cut to halves
2. Sugar ½ cup
3. Eggs 4 nos
4. Heavy cream 3 cups
5. Cardamom 2 nos, crushed
6. Pistachios 2 TBSP, crushed
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- Grease an oven proof dish (I used an 8*8 inch square glass pan) with butter and lay the halved jalebis evenly to cover the bottom. Set this aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add sugar and eggs and beat well until combined. I used a whisk but you can use an electric blender.
- Now add the cream to this and mix well. Add the cardamom and gently mix.
- Pour this over the jalebis. Set this pan in another oven proof pan (I used a 9*13 baking pan) and add water until ¾ full (like how you do for making custards).
- Place this in the preheated oven and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle crushed pistachios and serve warm.