1. Quinoa 1 cup, cooked according to package instructions
2. Onion 1 small, finely chopped
3. Green chilly 1, finely chopped
4. Carrot 1 small, finely chopped
Potato 1 small, finely chopped
Green peas ¼ cup, I used frozen
5. Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
6. Garam masala ¼ tsp
7. Mustard seeds ½ tsp
Fennel seeds 2 pinches
Urad dal ¼ tsp
Chana dal ¼ tsp
Asafetida a pinch
8. Grated coconut ¼ cup
9. Oil 2 tsp
10. Salt as needed
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions and set aside.
- Steam the carrots, peas and potato and set aside. I generally add ¼ cup of water with the veggies to a microwave safe dish and steam for 5-6 minutes.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan and splutter mustard seeds, followed by fennel seeds, urad dal, chana dal and asafetida.
- Add the onions, green chilly and salt and saute till golden brown.
- Next throw in the steamed veggies, turmeric powder, garam masala and mix well.
- Add in the cooked quinoa and mix well to incorporate. Adjust salt if needed and cook covered for 3 minutes.
- Switch off flame and mix in the grated coconut. Serve hot with pappad, pickle, banana etc..