1. Peechinga/Ridge gourd 1 medium sized, cut to small cubes
2. Egg 3 large, beaten well
3. Shallots 2 nos
Grated coconut ½ cup
Green chilly 2 nos
Cumin seeds ¼ tsp
4. Turmeric powder ½ tsp
5. Curry leaves a few
6. Mustard seeds ½ tsp
7. Oil 1 TBSP
8. Salt as needed
- Wash the peechinga/ridge gourd well and using a peeler, peel off the sharp ends. Cut to half longitudinally and cut each half to stripes and chop to pieces. Transfer this to a cooking pan and add water till level. Add turmeric powder and enough salt and cook till dry. Switch flame and set aside.
- Crush together ingredients numbered 3 using a blender and set aside.
- Now in a non stick pan, heat oil and splutter mustard seeds. Add the beaten egg along with salt and scramble well.
- Next add the cooked vegetable, and curry leaves. Mix well.
- Lastly add the crushed coconut mixture and mix well to incorporate and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Turn off flame and serve with rice.