1. Fish (any kind, I used 2 Tilapia fillets) ¼ kg, cut to steaks
2. Garlic 2 pods, crushed
3. Coriander seeds 1 TBSP, lightly roasted
Red chilly powder ¾ tsp (more or less as per your spice tolerance)
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
4. Salt as needed
5. Rava/Sooji ¼ cup
Rice flour ¼ cup
6. Cilantro/coriander leaves stalk 3-4
7. Oil 2 TBSP
- Clean and cut the fish into steaks.
- Make a smooth paste with ingredients numbered 3 along with 3-4 TBSP water, using a blender.
- Transfer to a bowl and add crushed garlic and salt. Mix well to combine and marinate the fish in this and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a tawa along with the cilantro stalks (this gives a nice flavor to the oil and inturn to the fish.).
- Meanwhile, mix together both rice flour and rava in a plate. Take the marinated fish and roll it well in the flour mixture on all sides. Repeat with all the fish pieces.
- Now slide it into oil and fry till golden color on both sides.
- Enjoy with rice….