1. Hard boiled egg 4 nos
2. Onion 2 medium, thinly sliced
3. Ginger 1 inch piece, finely chopped
Garlic 2 pods, finely chopped
Dry red chilly 2 nos
Curry leaves a few
4. Coriander powder 1 tsp
Red chilly powder ½ tsp
Roasted fennel powder ½ tsp
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
5. Beaten yogurt/curd ½ cup (not too sour)
6. Water ½ cup
7. Salt as needed
8. Sugar 2 pinches
9. Oil 1 TBSP
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté onions till translucent.
- Next add ingredients numbered 3 and sauté till aromatic.
- Now reduce flame and add ingredients numbered 4. Sauté everything well for 5 minutes or till raw smell from powders are completely gone.
- Add the beaten yogurt/curd slowly simultaneously stirring with a spatula.
- Allow this to boil and then add water, salt and sugar.
- Now wait till the curry starts to boil. Slowly slide in the hard boiled eggs and cook for few more minutes.
- Remove from flame and let the curry sit for 30 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy with rotis, appam, idiyappam, rice etc.