1. Butternut squash 2 cups, cut to cubes
2. Red chilly powder/Sambar powder 1 heaping tsp
3. Salt as needed
4. Oil 1 TBSP
- Clean and peel the skin from the squash and cut into small cubes.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan and add the cubed squash, mix well and cook covered at medium heat for 10 minutes. Open lid once or twice to mix the squash, else it may get burned at the bottom.
- After 10 minutes, remove lid and add salt and red chilly powder/sambar powder. Mix well and cook uncovered for 15 minutes or until the squash is roasted well and done.
- Serve with rice.