1. Kaya/Raw Plantain 2 nos
2. Payar/Long beans ½ kg
3. Shallot 5 nos, thinly sliced
4. Turmeric powder a few pinches
5. Green chilly 3 nos
6. Red chilly flakes 1 tsp
7. Oil 1 TBSP, preferably coconut oil
8. Curry leaves
- Remove the skin from plantain and cut into half and slice into ¼ inch pieces.
- Cut long beans into similar size long pieces.
- Cook them with ½ cup of water, salt and turmeric powder.
- Once the plantains are soft, open and keep the pan on low flame till the water evaporates completely.
- Heat oil in another pan and saute the sliced shallots. When they turn light brown add green chilly and saute for a minute.
- Add the cooked pieces along with curry leaves, red chilly flakes and fry it on low flame for about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.