1. Tilapia fillets 1 lb
2. Red chilly powder 1 TBSP
3. Turmeric powder 1 tsp
4. Oil 1 TBSP
5. Salt as needed
- Clean and wash the fish fillets and cut to small cubes. Add all the ingredients and allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Set the oven to BROIL mode.
- Arrange the marinated fish onto an aluminum foil lined baking tray and slide into the oven and broil for 12-15 minutes. Take the fish out immediately or it will get burned!
1. Ginger 2 inch piece, julienned
2. Garlic 1 whole, julienned
3. Curry leaves a handful, chopped
4. Red chilly powder 1 TBSP
5. Vinegar 5 TBSP
6. Salt as needed
7. Oil 2 TBSP
- Heat oil in a deep heavy bottomed pan and saute ginger, garlic until golden brown.
- Add the curry leaves and saute for a minute.
- Now reduce flame and add the red chilly powder and salt. Saute for 2 minutes and add the broiled fish. Mix well and switch off flame. Allow this to cool for few minutes and then add the vinegar. Mix well and when completely cooled transfer onto an airtight container and let the pickle rest for a couple of days before digging in…
- I have made the dry version here, but if you prefer the wet piickle, add 3/4 cup water after adding fish and cook till boiling. Switch off and once cooled add vinegar..
- You can use Salmon fillets also and follow the same method, keep in mind to broil for 20 minutes.
- If you prefer deep frying, you can do the same and then continue with the pickling directions…