It is always proud moments when your hardwork is recognized, isnt it? Same with me too, “Pazham Pappadam Payasam” got featured on a malayalam daily for the first and I coudnt be more happier! It was indeed a pleasure see this little space of mine being recognized. Thank you my dear friends and family and well wishers for all your support without which I wouldn’t achieved any of these…So to celebrate the same here is a quick, simple coconut burfi that takes less than 10 minutes to make…Hope you all enjoy….
Please click here to read/see the article..
1. Sweetened coconut 4 cups
2. Sweetened condensed milk one 14 oz can
3. Saffron ½ tsp
4. Butter 2 TBSPs
5. Cardamom powder ½ tsp
6. Water ¼ cup, hot
- Dissolve saffron in hot water and set aside.
- Using a blender, pulse the sweetened coconut to make it a little finer.
- Grease a square dish with butter and set aside.
- Melt butter in a nonstick pan at medium heat and add the condensed milk, mix well and then add the coconut.
- Mix this well to an even consistency and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the saffron water and mix well to combine.
- Switch off flame and transfer this mixture to the greased dish and flatten until smooth on top.
- Place this in refrigerator to cool for one hour and then cut into desired shapes and enjoy!!!!