1. Vendakka/okra/Ladies finger ¼ kg, cut to 1 inch batons
2. White/yellow onions 1 small, thinly sliced
3. Green chilly 3, slit
4. Ginger ½ inch piece, chopped
5. Tomato 1 small, chopped
6. Red chilly powder 1 tsp
7. Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
8. Coriander powder 2 tsp
9. Garam masala ½ tsp
10. Coconut milk, thick ½ cup
11. Black pepper powder a few pinches
12. Salt as needed
13. Coconut oil 1 TBSP
- Clean and cut the okra into 1 inch batons.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute onion , ginger and green chilles for a couple of minutes and add vendakka/okra and fry until they are well sautéed , for about 10- minutes.
- Add chopped tomato fry for a minute, followed by chilly powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder and toss it well for a minute.
- Add salt, 1 cup water and boil for 5-7 minutes. Now add the thick coconut milk and garam masala and black pepper powder, simmer for a couple of minutes and remove from heat.
- Serve warm. Goes well with appam, idiyappam, rice etc..