1. Semiya/vermicelli 1 cup
2. Carrot 1, peeled and finely chopped
3. Green beans 10 nos, chopped
4. Onion ½ cup, chopped
5. Ginger ½ inch piece, chopped
6. Green chilly 2 nos, finely chopped
7. Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
8. Peanuts ¼ cup
9. Dry red chilly 2 nos
10. Mustard seeds ½ tsp
11. Curry leaves a few
12. Salt as needed
13. Oil 1 TBSP
14. Hot Water 2 cups
- In a deep pan, at medium heat roast the semiya/vermicelli for 3-4 minutes until just browned. Set this aside to cool.
- In the same pan, add oil and splutter mustard seeds and dry red chilly.
- Follow up with ginger, green chilly and curry leaves and sauté till aromatic.
- Next add the onions, carrot, green beans and peanuts. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Now add the turmeric powder, roasted semiya/vermicelli and add 2 cups hot water, keep stirring until semiya is cooked and all water has evaporated.
- Serve warm with pappad…