1. Cauliflower/Gobi 1 medium, cut to bite size florets
2. Onion 1 medium, thinly sliced
3. Tomato 2 small, chopped
4. Ginger-Garlic 1 tsp each, finely chopped
5. Red chilly powder ¼ tsp
6. Coriander powder ½ tsp
7. Heavy cream ¼ cup
8. Roasted cumin powder ¼ tsp
9. Roasted Kasoori methi ¼ tsp, crushed
10. Garam masala ½ tsp+ ¼ tsp
11. Salt as needed
12. Oil 2 tsp
- Clean and cut the cauliflower into florets. Boil this with little salt and turmeric powder for 5 minutes. Drain excess water using a colander and set this aside.
- Now heat a pan at medium high heat and add oil.
- Add the ½ tsp garam masala and fry for 30 seconds. Now add the sliced onions and saute until translucent.
- Follow up with ginger, garlic and saute till aromatic.
- Reduce flame and add red chilly powder, coriander powder, cumin powder. Saute well for a minute and add the chopped tomato. Mix well and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Open lid and reduce flame. Adjust salt and add ¼ cup water. Once it starts to boil, add the heavy cream and kasoori methi. Mix well and add the cooked cauliflower florets. Allow to cook for another 3 minutes.
- Switch off flame and sprinkle the reserved ¼ tsp garam masala.
- Serve hot with chappathi, rice etc..