1. Ricotta cheese 1 cup, softened
Milk 1 cup
Egg 3 nos, yolks separated
Sugar ¼ cup
Lemon juice and zest from 1 big lemon
2. All purpose flour 1 ½ cup
3. Baking powder 1 TBSP
4. Salt as needed
- Separate the whites and yolks from the eggs. Now using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until foamy. Set this aside.
- Now in a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients numbered 1 and beat well using an electric mixer.
- In another bowl, sift the ingredients numbered 2. Now slowly incorporate this with the cheese mixture until no lumps are formed.
- Lastly, slowly fold in the foamy egg whites to the batter and incorporate well.
- Heat a non stick pan and when hot, add 1/3 ladle batter and wait for 2 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook for another 2 minutes on that side and transfer to a serving plate. Repeat the same with rest of the batter and serve warm with butter and honey or your choice of pancake syrup….