1. Dried green peas 1 ½ cups, soaked for ~6 hours
2. Onions 2 medium, thinly sliced
Green chilly 2 nos, slit
Potato 1 medium, cubed
3. Ginger ½ inch piece
Garlic 3 pods
4. Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Red chilly powder 1 ½ tsp
Coriander powder 3 tsp
Garam masala powder ½ tsp
5. Mustard seeds ½ tsp
6. Curry leaves a few
7. Thick coconut milk ¼ cup
8. Salt as needed
9. Oil 1 TBSP
10. Water 1 cup
- Wash and soak the green peas overnight or atleast for 6 hours.
- Crush the ginger and garlic using a motar and pestle.
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Once they crackle, add the crushed ginger and garlic along with curry leaves and saute for a minute.
- Next add the sliced onions and green chilly. Saute this until the onions turn light brown color.
- Now add all the powders one by one and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add the soaked green peas, potato, salt and water. Cover with a lid and cook till 2 whistles. Remove from fire and allow the pressure to release by itself.
- Open lid and add the thick coconut milk and cook for 2 minutes.
- You can add more water depending on the gravy u want. Mix well and serve with rotis, poori, appam, idiyappam etc…