1. Instant coffee powder 2 tsps
2. Ground cinnamon a few pinches
3. Ground nutmeg a few pinches
4. Ground cloves a pinch
5. Half and Half 4 TBSPs
6. Brown sugar 4 TBSPs packed
7. Orange liqueur 1 TBSP, optional
8. Water 2 1/2 cups
9. Orange slices 2 slices
Boil water with orange slices and add the instant coffee powder. Stir in ground cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Mix well and add the half and half and brown sugar. Remove from flame and add the orange liqueur if desired. Bring to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate for 6-8 hours. Pour into tall glasses with ice cubes and additional orange slices, enjoy!
Published in October 2014 edition of Malayali magazine.