1. Warm water ½ cup
2. Warm whole milk ½ cup
3. Salt ¾ tsp
4. Sugar 3 TBSP
5. Butter, melted 2 TBSP+ 1 TBSP
6. Active dry yeast ¾ TBSP
7. All purpose flour 2 ¾ cups
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together sugar, yeast, milk and water. Cover and allow the yeast to activate and foam for about 5 minutes.
- Mix in salt and 2 TBSPs melted butter into the yeast.
- Slowly add flour one cup at a time mixing well using a rubber spatula after each addition.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for five minutes until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place in a well-greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a lightly warmed place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough and shape into a loaf. Place it in a greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Cover and allow to rise in a warm place for 30 mins or until dough has risen 1 inch above pans.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from pans and with a pastry brush, lightly brush melted butter immediately after so the crust stays nice and soft.
Recipe adapted from Bakerette!!