Here is a yummy chicken roast you can try and make your guests wanting for more. This is such an easy and delicious recipe that can be cooked up with everyday ingredients in your pantry. This uses coriander powder as the main masala ingredients and has a very distinctive flavour. I am sure you all will love it as much as we did…
1. Chicken 1 kg, cut to medium pieces
2. Ginger 1 inch piece, crushed
3. Garlic 3 pods, crushed
4. Red onion 2 medium, thinly sliced
5. Tomato 1 medium, cut to wedges
6. Coriander powder 3 TBSPs
Red chilly powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Garam masala ½ tsp
Black pepper powder ½ TBSP
7. Fennel seeds ½ tsp
8. Mustard seeds ½ tsp
9. Curry leaves a few
10. Coconut oil 2 TBSP
11. Thin coconut milk 1 cup
12. Thick coconut milk 1 cup
13. Salt as needed
- Cut and clean the chicken well. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wide mouth pan at medium heat and splutter mustard seeds. Follow up with fennel seeds and saute for a minute.
- Add ginger, garlic and curry leaves and saute well till aromatic.
- Now add the sliced onions and tomatoes and cook till onions are translucent and tomatoes are mushy.
- Add the cleaned, cut chicken and mix well to combine. Cook this for 10 minutes.
- Now add all the powders (ingredient 6) and mix well with the chicken to coat the pieces. Add salt and the thin coconut milk. Simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Remove lid and increase heat to medium high and cook till all the liquid evaporates.
- Now reduce heat back to medium and add the thick coconut milk and cook until gravy thickens..
- Remove from flame and serve hot with appam, idiyappam, porotta et al…