Hello everyone, Hope you all are keeping fit n fine. I know its more than month I peeped in here and said something. Things were busy at my end and I literally couldn’t find time to sit and pen down even a simple recipe. My parents are visiting from India and that gives me immense time now to experiment, write and blog..Yaaayyyy…Today’s recipe comes straight from my Amma (mom) and this is such an easy and healthy way to eat idlis or dosas. Hope you all will try and enjoy these as much as me, M and A did….
1. Wheat Rava/ Sooji gothambu 2 cups
Urad dal whole/Uzhunnu ¼ cup
Fenugreek seeds/Uluva ½ tsp
2. Salt as needed
- Wash and soak ingredients numbered 1 for 20- 30 minutes.
- Grind this to a batter similar to idli batter consistency adding little water at a time.
- Transfer to a bowl and add salt. Allow it to ferment for 8 hours.
- Mix well and pour half ladle full to idli moulds and steam for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with sambar, chutney or podi.
Notes: You can add grated carrots, cucumber etc to the idli moulds and then pour the batter.
You can also make dosas using this batter.